Call for Abstracts Now Open!
Registration opens in Fall 2020.
The 2021 Membrane Technology Conference explores how the latest developments in membrane technology can enhance water reliability and quality. Each year the conference reveals new directions in water and wastewater treatment technologies, desalting and membrane bioreactor applications.
Who attends MTC?
- Consultants and Contractors
- Professors and students
- Federal, state and municipal management and executives
- Local, state and federal regulators
- International audience
- Manufacturers, suppliers and distributors
- Scientists and researchers
- Water and wastewater engineers
- Water utility plant management and executives
MTC 2022 - February 21-25, Las Vegas, Nevada
Call For Abstracts is Open!
Presenters wanted! Help advance the water industry by sharing your knowledge.
The 2021 Membrane Technology Conference is now accepting abstracts, special topic session, and pre-conference workshop submissions. The deadline for all submissions is 4:00 p.m. (MDT) on August 27, 2020.
Presenters please note: MTC is a no-paper, no-podium conference. Before submitting an abstract, please please review information below carefully to avoid surprises later on. If you are selected to present, remember that effective communication fundamentally affects the quality of the program, and a well-prepared presentation is the first step in reaching this goal. Please make sure you invest adequate time and energy in developing your presentation and paper. MTC is a no-paper, no-podium conference, NO EXCEPTIONS - make sure to follow the directions provided below as you develop your paper.
Please review information below carefully and contact us with any questions.
MTC 2021 Deadline Dates
Missing these deadlines can result in your removal from the MTC Program - AMTA and AWWA thank you in advance for being mindful of submission dates and requirements.
Call for Abstracts closes on Thursday, August 27, 2020
Signed Creative Commons Form by Thursday, December 3, 2020
Papers and/or Manuscripts are due by Monday, January 18, 2021
Poster Presentations are due by Monday, February 22, 2021. Review Poster Guidelines
PowerPoint Presentations are due by Monday, February 22, 2021
Register for the Conference
- All presenters are required to submit a paper/manuscript that follows the MTC Manuscript Guidelines .
- All papers/manuscripts will be reviewed and approved by the Session Moderator or a member of the MTC Planning Committee.
- During the review process you may be asked to provide changes or additional information; AMTA/AWWA asks that you adhere to any requests and make changes within the time frame given.
- Download the Creative Commons form.
Submit your Paper and/or Manuscript through your Speaker Portal or directly to AWWA Education Services
- All PowerPoint Presentations are required to use the MTC PowerPoint Template and follow the MTC PowerPoint Guidelines. Out of respect for our members and attendees, presentations must not be commercial in nature.Note: Company name and/or logo can be included in your PowerPoint in the bottom corner only on the first and last slide. Logo max. size: 2" horizontal/wide by .75" vertical/high.
- Presenters are required use the MTC PowerPoint Template: Standard | Widescreen
- All Presentations will be reviewed and approved by the Session Moderator or a member of the MTC Planning Committee. During the review process you may be asked to provide changes or additional information; AMTA/AWWA ask that you adhere to the request and make the changes within the time frame given. Once your presentation gains final approval from the moderator or similar, you will need to contact AWWA to make any changes.
- PowerPoint Presentations are due by date listed above. Please be timely.
- Submit your PowerPoint Presentation through your Speaker Portal or AWWA Education Services.
In order to allow sufficient time for your materials to be reviewed, AMTA/AWWA ask that you follow the guidelines and meet all the deadline dates above. Missing important deadlines can result in your removal from the MTC Program - AMTA/AWWA thank you in advance for your staying mindful of submission dates and requirements.
The planning committee will be recruiting moderators for the Membrane Technology Conference and Exposition. As a moderator, you are required to reach out to the presenters in your session to ensure they are on track to present and provide their materials on-time for your review and approval. You are required to review in advance all papers and PowerPoints that are included in your session. Keep your eyes open for additional communications and deadline schedules:
- During your review, you should check all papers and PowerPoints for items: accuracy, logos, sales pitches, slide readability, graphics and disparaging remarks, etc. and provide presenters feedback on updating or enhancing their papers and PowerPoints.
- Presenters will submit their papers/manuscripts by January 18, 2021; you will then have a short window of time to review them. If you suggest improvements, please communicate those back to presenters in a timely manner.
- Presenters will submit their PowerPoints by February 22, 2021; you will then have a short window of time to review them.. Please begin your review as soon as possible. If you suggest improvements, please communicate those back to presenters in a timely manner.
- Moderators are required to select a "Best Paper" contender from their session(s) and notify AMTA of that selection.
- Moderators are required to attend a training webinar , where we cover how to log in to your Speaker Portal and access presenters papers/manuscripts and PowerPoints for review.
- Onsite, moderators are required to: introduce each presenter in their assigned session, keep presenters on-time, and facilitate audience questions.
- Please make sure you adhere to these Moderator Guidelines. If you are unable to meet these requirements please email AWWA Education Services. and asked to be removed as a moderator.