The Partnership for Safe Water’s mission is to improve the quality of drinking water delivered to customers by optimizing water system operations.
The Partnership’s goal is to help utilities optimize treatment plant & distribution system operations to improve water quality and protect public health. We offer self-assessment and optimization programs that guide utilities to improving performance above and beyond even proposed regulatory levels.
Why join the Partnership? See the benefits for your plant and community.
- Optimization. Plants completing the self-assessment reduce combined filter effluent turbidity by an average of more than 60%. Benchmarking leads to year-over-year improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Recognition. Partnership awards spotlight high-performance, strengthening community relationships and public trust.
- Networking and growth. The Partnership staff and network of utility volunteers are here for you to provide coaching and mentoring. Learn from top water industry professionals and join a network of utility leaders dedicated to the highest level of water quality.
There are four phases of Partnership programs:
- Commitment. Utilities plan to participate, apply, and submit fees.
- Baseline data collection. Utilities provide baseline data, establishing current performance so future improvements may be quantified.
- Self-assessment. Utilities complete a comprehensive treatment plant or distribution system self-assessment & provide a completion report, reviewed by industry experts, to become eligible for the Directors Award.
- Optimized systems (optional). Utilities achieve Presidents or Excellence level awards upon submission of additional data reports demonstrating optimized performance.
|Fees charged for both Treatment and Distribution Programs
|Utility Population Served
|525,001 - 700,000
|350,001 - 525,000
|175,001 - 350,000
|88,001 - 175,000
|35,001 - 88,000
|18,001 - 35,000
*Partnership fees cost utility customers less than 1 penny per year*