Design-Build for Water and Wastewater Projects
On its next capital construction project, would your water or wastewater utility like to achieve
• Seven percent lower cost
• Thirteen percent faster construction
• Thirty-three percent faster overall schedule
• Fifty percent less schedule growth?
These are some of the attractive benefits many water and wastewater utilities enjoy through the use of design-build construction over traditional design-bid-build construction.
This book provides a basic template of how to plan, procure, and execute a design-build project.
Written for water and wastewater utility management, engineers, planners, city officials, utility policymakers, regulators, and design-build contractors, the book covers all topics:
• History of design-build
• Types of projects well suited for design-build
• Steps to prepare for a design-build project
• Procuring a design-builder
• Executing design-build projects and performing acceptance tests
• Bonding, insurance, and dispute resolution
• Permitting and regulatory agency approvals
• State laws regarding design-build
Design–Build for Water and Wastewater Projects was developed in collaboration with the Water Design-Build Council.