M31 Distribution System Requirements for Fire Protection, Fourth Edition
Get specific guidance on designing, operating, and maintaining water distribution systems as they relate to fire protection and fire suppression activities and maximize fire protection benefits, while delivering safe, potable water to customers.
Benefits: The fourth edition has all the information you need to
- Understand the influence of fire protection requirements on distribution system design
- Determine required fire flows, using approved calculation methods
- Correctly size water system components and storage facilities
- Provide adequate and reliable system operation even when individual components are out of service
- Design water supply for sprinklered properties
- Improve your fire insurance rating
- Work with local fire departments, building code officials, and other partners in fire protection
This digital download is subject to AWWA’s Single User License Agreement. Multi-user licenses are also available by contacting us.
Learn more about AWWA’s digital downloads including frequently asked questions.