BackFlow I (Prevention and Cross-Connection Control)
EL227 - BackFlow I (Prevention and Cross-Connection Control)
Course Length: 2 Hours / 0.2 CEUs*
Course Description: Introduce learners to the concept of a backflow on potable water system (PWS) and recognize backflow issues.
Students completing this course will be able to:
- Identify a Backflow/Cross Connection
- Understand the importance of Backflow/Cross Connection prevention as it relates to the public water supply community
- The Elements of an effective Backflow/Cross Connection prevention program
- Identify the different backflow/cross connection devices
- Understand the need for maintenance to ensure continuous protection and operation of the system
- Identify the hazards associated with a backflow/cross connection
CEUs *You may be awarded CEUs/PDHs for AWWA education programs by your licensing agency. AWWA grants Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for this course at a rate of 1 CEU for 10 contact hours. It is the individual's responsibility, before registering for any education program, to contact his/her licensing agency: 1. To confirm that the education program is acceptable for continuing education credit towards your particular license; 2. To confirm what you need to submit for credit approval.