AWWA G200-15 Distribution Systems Operation and Management
This standard describes critical requirements for the operation and management of water distribution systems, including maintening water quality, system management programs, and operation and maintenance of facilities. Distribution system management program standards cover system pressure, backflow prevention, permeation prevention, water losses, valve exercising and replacement, fire hydrant maintenance and testing, materials in contact with potable water, metering, flow, external corrosion, design review for water quality, and energy management. Facility operations and maintenance standards cover treated water storage facilities, pump station operation and maintenance, pipeline rehabilitation and replacement, and disinfection of new or repaired pipes.
Major revisions to this edition include the following:
- Repair and replacement programs were extended to include mains, service lines, valves, fire hydrants, storage facilities, pump stations, and meters.
- Taste and odor sections were consolidated.
- Requirements for a pressure response plan and procedures were added.
- Visual inspections were added as a minimum requirement for a corrosion monitoring program.
- Permeation requirements were included.
Downloadable versions of current and historical standards are also available.