AWWA C605-13 Underground Installation of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) and Molecularly Oriented Polyvinyl Chloride (PVCO) Pressure Pipe and Fittings
This standard provides the minimum requirements for underground installation and hydrostatic testing procedures for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and molecularly oriented polyvinyl chloride (PVCO) pressure pipe and fittings used to transport potable water, reclaimed water, wastewater, irrigation water, or for the conveyance of any fluid compatible with PVC or PVCO.
Major changes to this version of ANSI/AWWA C605 include the addition of
- Soil classification requirements
- Trenchless construction requirements
- The use of fused joints
- Tapping sleeves and valve requirements
- Butt fusion inspection requirements
- Notice of nonconformance requirements
- Notice of potential need for patent-protected inventions to comply with the standard
A downloadable version of this standard and historical standards are also available.