AWWA C512-15 Air Release, Air/Vacuum, and Combination Air Valves for Water and Wastewater Service
This standard describes ½-in. (13-mm) through 6-in. (150-mm) air-release valves and ½-in. (13-mm) through 20-in. (500-mm) air/vacuum valves and combination air valves having gray cast-iron, ductile-iron, carbon steel plate, or stainless-steel bodies and covers. The valves are designed for use in water or wastewater systems with maximum design pressures of 300 psig (2,070 kPa [gauge]), liquid temperatures ranging from above freezing to a maximum of 125°F (52°C) and a liquid pH greater than 6 and less than 12.
Major revision to this edition of C512 include the following:
- Title and scope were modified to include considerations and requirements for air valves for wastewater service.
- Reduced lead requirements for materials in contact with potable water were included where appropriate.
- Scope was modified to include steel plate and stainless-steel bodies and requirements.
- Definitions of various waters were added.
- Pressure testing requirements for air valves in wastewater applications were added.
- Cleanouts for air valves in wastewater applications were added.
- Internal and External Coating sections were modified to include coating requirements and testing for air valves in water and wastewater applications.
- Welding and fabrication requirements were added.
Downloadable versions of current and historical standards are also available.