Course Length: 12 Hours / 3 Weeks / 1.2 CEUs*
Course Description: This course addresses applications and tools and will provide participants with an overview of the technologies available to track, monitor, and maintain equipment, and to represent, locate, and communicate with remote facilities and equipment. There will be a focus on CMMS, GIS, and GPS.
CA Students registering for this course can use the credits for Renewing Existing licenses only. The training credits cannot be used to sit for the exam to obtain a license.
Course Dates: October 7 - October 25, 2019
* Apply a symbol legend to identify devices in a diagram.
* Describe the requirements of SCADA System components.
* Analyze illustrated device descriptions to identify sensors, analyzers and control devices.
* Analyze trending data to make system improvements.
Learning Elements: Pre-recorded presentations, online learning activities, videos, quizzes, discussion boards, weekly tests, and homework assignments.
* Minimum of four hours of online learning activities per week.
* Some college experience pertaining to the water industry.
* 3–5 years of experience in the industry.
* The desire to become a leader in the industry.
Ancillary Materials: The manual, M2 Instrumentation and Control, is recommended for this course. Purchase at a 40% discount when registering for the training.
CEUs: *You may be awarded CEUs/PDHs for AWWA education programs by your licensing agency. AWWA grants Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for this course at a rate of 1 CEU for 10 contact hours. It is the individual's responsibility, before registering for any continuing education credit program, to contact the appropriate licensing agency. AWWA recommends you confirm that the coursework is acceptable for continuing education credit toward the desired license and contact your licensing agency to learn about requirements for your certification.