2020 Registration is now open!
Online registration is encouraged. If necessary, a printed Registration Form may be submitted to AMTA, followed with payment via phone. For all registration questions, please contact AMTA Customer Service or phone 1.772.463.0820. The conference takes place at the Phoenix Convention Center.
Register by February 14, 2020, for best rates
Who attends MTC?
- Consultants and Contractors
- Professors and students
- Federal, state and municipal management and executives
- Local, state and federal regulators
- International audience
- Manufacturers, suppliers and distributors
- Scientists and researchers
- Water and wastewater engineers
- Water utility plant management and executives
2020 Registration Rates
Register by February 14, 2020 for early rates!
||Member Early Rate
||Nonmember Early Rate
|Member Late Rate
||Nonmember Late Rate
|Full-Conference Registration (Best Value!)
Includes technical sessions, exposition; meals; does not include workshops
|Student (Validation required - same as Full-Conference)
|Operator/Professor/Regulator (Validation required - same as Full-Conference)
|Exhibits-Only All Days (non-booth staff)
|Exhibits-Only Tuesday-Only or Wednesday-Only (non-booth staff)
|Exhibits-Only Thursday-Only (non-booth staff)
|| Monday workshop prices vary - See program tab for details.
|Technical Facility Tours
||Friday tour prices vary - See program tab for details
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be emailed to AMTA Customer Service. All cancellations by early deadline will receive a refund minus a 25% administrative fee. Cancellations post-deadline will not be refunded; however, substitute registrants are welcome, if pre-approved in writing. Contact AMTA with all registration questions.
Members enjoy registration discounts. Join us!
AMTA Membership Information | AWWA Membership Information | IDA
MTC 2021 - March, West Palm Beach, Florida
MTC 2022 - February 21-25, Las Vegas, Nevada
The 2020 Program is now available.
MTC will feature technical podium and poster sessions, pre-conference workshops, facility tours, networking and a comprehensive Exhibit Hall. Join us to explore how the latest developments in technology can enhance water reliability and quality through membrane filtration, reuse, desalting, RO/NF/MF/UF and MBR for water treatment. The MTC planning committee is excited to share an outstanding technical program.
2020 Topics will include
- Membrane Development, Research, and Innovation
- Plant Operation, Maintenance, and Management
- Project Planning and Design
- Membrane Filtration Applications
- Planning and Operations
- Concentrate Management
- Seawater Desalination
- Experts in the Round - Roundtable networking forums
MTC Workshops on Monday, March 16, 2020 will offer additional opportunities for in-depth, hands-on learning. Registration and fee is required, these items are not included in the full conference registration.
PC-1: Back to Basics (Full Day, includes lunch)
Back to Basics enables attendees to prepare themselves for the full MTC. Ideal for first time attendees and those new to the field of membrane technology, Back to Basics gives the audience exposure to membrane experts and knowledge in a focused forum.
PC-2: The Inland Desalination and Concentrate Management (Half Day a.m.)
PC-3: Current State of Ceramic Membranes (Half Day a.m.)
PC-4: Operator Focus - Membrane Integrity and MBR Credits (Half Day p.m.)
(Member Rates apply for PC-4 if a Member of SWMOA)
PC-5: Reuse Considerations - Regulatory and Permitting (Half Day p.m.)
Friday, March 20, 2020
Registration and fee is required. Facility tours are not included in the full conference registration, and a waiver may be required to participate.
TOUR 1 City of Goodyear RO Plant
TOUR 2 Scottsdale Water Campus Advanced Water Treatment Plant (UF and RO)
TOUR 3 Ak-Chin Indian Community's Surface Water Treatment Plant (UF & MBR) (a second stop may be added)
Call for Nominations!
Water Quality Person of the Year Award
Robert O. Vernon Award - Membrane Plant Operator Award
Membrane Facility Award
Please visit the Awards Nomination Form for a description of each award, and to submit your nominations.
Congratulations to all winners! Awardee Information
Get to Know AWWA and AMTA
Members enjoy registration discounts. Join us!
AMTA Membership Information | AWWA Membership Information
Join us in the Exhibit Hall!
**NEW** Enhanced 2020 Exhibit Hall Hours!
Due to popular request, we have adjusted Exhibit Hours to allow additional quality time to visit with solution providers.
The MTC Exhibit Hall showcases the latest in membrane technology and services with more than 80 companies and dedicated exhibit hall hours. Attendees and exhibitors alike will enjoy extensive networking opportunities, poster sessions, refreshment breaks, attendee luncheon and networking receptions—all taking place inside the MTC Exhibit Hall!
2020 Floor Plan & Exhibitor List
Exhibit Hall Education Sessions
Exhibit Hall Education Sessions encourage attendees to visit participating exhibitors in a coordinated program to learn and earn CEUs/PDHs. Attendees gather at participating booths at designated times for the talks, and exhibitor representatives will each have 15 minutes to give their presentation. Attendees earn CEUs by attending! 2020 schedule will be released in January.
Presenter deadlines and resources
Congratulations on being selected to present!
Access the Speaker Portal
Presenters please note: MTC is a no-paper, no-podium conference. Before submitting an abstract, please please review information below carefully to avoid surprises later on. If you are selected to present, remember that effective communication fundamentally affects the quality of the program, and a well-prepared presentation is the first step in reaching this goal. Please make sure you invest adequate time and energy in developing your presentation and paper. MTC is a no-paper, no-podium conference, NO EXCEPTIONS - make sure to follow the directions provided below as you develop your paper.
Please review information below carefully and contact us with any questions.
MTC 2020 Deadline Dates
Missing these deadlines can result in your removal from the MTC Program - AMTA and AWWA thank you in advance for being mindful of submission dates and requirements.
Call for Abstracts closes on Thursday, August 22, 2019
Signed Creative Commons Form by Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Papers and/or Manuscripts are due by Monday, January 13, 2020
Poster Presentations are due by Monday, February 17, 2020. Review Poster Guidelines
PowerPoint Presentations are due by Monday, February 17, 2020
Register for the Conference
- All presenters are required to submit a paper/manuscript that follows the MTC Manuscript Guidelines .
- All papers/manuscripts will be reviewed and approved by the Session Moderator or a member of the MTC Planning Committee.
- During the review process you may be asked to provide changes or additional information; AMTA/AWWA asks that you adhere to any requests and make changes within the time frame given.
- Download the Creative Commons form.
Submit your Paper and/or Manuscript through your Speaker Portal or directly to AWWA Education Services
- All PowerPoint Presentations are required to use the MTC PowerPoint Template and follow the MTC PowerPoint Guidelines. Out of respect for our members and attendees, presentations must not be commercial in nature.Note: Company name and/or logo can be included in your PowerPoint in the bottom corner only on the first and last slide. Logo max. size: 2" horizontal/wide by .75" vertical/high.
- Presenters are required use the MTC PowerPoint Template: Standard Format | Wide Format
- All Presentations will be reviewed and approved by the Session Moderator or a member of the MTC Planning Committee. During the review process you may be asked to provide changes or additional information; AMTA/AWWA ask that you adhere to the request and make the changes within the time frame given. Once your presentation gains final approval from the moderator or similar, you will need to contact AWWA to make any changes.
- PowerPoint Presentations are due by date listed above. Please be timely.
- Submit your PowerPoint Presentation through your Speaker Portal or AWWA Education Services.
In order to allow sufficient time for your materials to be reviewed, AMTA/AWWA ask that you follow the guidelines and meet all the deadline dates above. Missing important deadlines can result in your removal from the MTC Program - AMTA/AWWA thank you in advance for your staying mindful of submission dates and requirements.
The planning committee will be recruiting moderators for the Membrane Technology Conference and Exposition. As a moderator, you are required to reach out to the presenters in your session to ensure they are on track to present and provide their materials on-time for your review and approval. You are required to review in advance all papers and PowerPoints that are included in your session. Keep your eyes open for additional communications and deadline schedules:
- During your review, you should check all papers and PowerPoints for items: accuracy, logos, sales pitches, slide readability, graphics and disparaging remarks, etc. and provide presenters feedback on updating or enhancing their papers and PowerPoints.
- Presenters will submit their papers/manuscripts by January 13, 2020; you will then have a short window of time to review them. If you suggest improvements, please communicate those back to presenters in a timely manner.
- Presenters will submit their PowerPoints by February 17, 2020; you will then have a short window of time to review them.. Please begin your review as soon as possible. If you suggest improvements, please communicate those back to presenters in a timely manner.
- Moderators are required to select a "Best Paper" contender from their session(s) and notify AMTA of that selection.
- Moderators are required to attend a training webinar , where we cover how to log in to your Speaker Portal and access presenters papers/manuscripts and PowerPoints for review.
- Onsite, moderators are required to: introduce each presenter in their assigned session, keep presenters on-time, and facilitate audience questions.
- Please make sure you adhere to these Moderator Guidelines. If you are unable to meet these requirements please email AWWA Education Services. and asked to be removed as a moderator.
We Thank you for your time and effort, see you in Tucson!
Book your room now!
Conference hotel rates for MTC 2020 have been arranged at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix ($279+tax) and the Springhill Suites Phoenix Downtown ($239+tax). Please book early as only a limited number of rooms are available. Rates are valid until 2/14/20 or until the block is full, whichever happens first. The conference takes place at the Phoenix Convention Center.
Schedule note: Pre-conference workshops occur on Monday for an additional fee. Exhibit Hall opens on Tuesday morning following the Opening General Session. Exhibit Hall closes Thursday at 1:30 p.m.
Alert: Please be aware of fraudulent organizations contacting attendees to solicit hotel rooms. For your protection, reserve hotel accommodations using only the links provided above. Reservations made through any other housing services company could result in hidden charges, unusual restrictions, or incorrect hotel placement.