AWWA is proud to promote the success stories of women who are benefiting the water industry and has highlighted these professionals in a series of events in 2021 themed as Inform. Influence. Impact. After the wide interest in the first two webinars, this last webinar concludes the series with a focus on current successes of and promising trends for female water professionals.
This conclusive women's event is devoted to all three topics of Inform. Influence. Impact. With an increasing number of well-known organizations appointing female CEOs, the trend toward women in leadership positions seems to be on the rise. In fact, there are more women running Fortune 500 businesses today than at any point in the 63-year history of the Fortune 500. Women in leadership will have a long-term positive impact in their organizations and on young professionals.
The objectives of the event are to celebrate the remarkable impact of gender diversity in water industry—including broad economic and local financial benefits, improved brand impression and satisfaction, and top-quality performance—and to encourage more women to join the workforce. Not to mention, women can be part of the workforce solution utilities need to meet growing demands for water and sanitation services and to achieve the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goal 6, to “ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.” Attendees learn from speakers from the areas of manufacturing, regulation, education, and utility leadership. This virtual event welcomes all professionals, from students to senior professionals to their advocates.
Webinar Learning Objectives:
1. Learn the positive impact of gender diversity in the water industry
2. Challenge themselves to seek out and choose opportunities to leverage the power of women
3. Hear from female leaders who are making a positive difference in society and in the water industry
Learn from this webinar's esteemed presenters:
Moderator: Cheryl Porter, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Great Lakes Water Authority
Speaker: Agnes Lee, Vice President PPI America Inc.
Speaker: Katie Richardson, PE, ENV SP, Waukesha Office Director, Greeley and Hansen
Speaker: Dora Chiang, Vice President, Environmental Remediation Global Technical Leader, Wood
Closing Remarks Speaker: Michelle A. Stockness, ENV SP, PE, Vice President, Senior Civil/Environmental Engineer, Barr Engineering Co.
- Welcome & Introduction – Cheryl Porter, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Great Lakes Water Authority
- Presentation 1 – Cheryl Porter, Chief Operating Officer (COO), Great Lakes Water Authority (15mins)
- Presentation 2 – Agnes Lee, Vice President, PPI America Inc. (15 mins)
- Presentation 3 – Katie Richardson PE, ENV SP, Waukesha Office Director, Greeley and Hansen( 15 mins)
- Presentation 4 – Dora Chiang, Vice President, Environmental Remediation Global Technical Leader, Wood (15 mins)
- Panel – Moderated by Cheryl Porter and Speakers (20 mins)
- Closing Remarks: Michelle A. Stockness, Vice President, Senior Civil/Environmental Engineer, Barr Engineering Co.
Please note: After check-out, you will receive additional instructions and a link to secure your access within GoToWebinar. Please be sure to look for this important next step! Your registration is not complete until you have also visited GoToWebinar and entered your order number.
Certificates: Attendees will receive Certificates of Completion for live webinars attended in-full, however this does not imply Operator CEUs. Limited states approve webinars for Operator training. Operators must contact your licensing agency for details before viewing a webinar. Please read disclaimer and instructions to access your certificate of completion.