Preparing for Revised LCR – Adapting to New “Find-and-Fix” Requirement
Friday, October 29, 2021 @ 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Registration fee: $75 member/$120 non-member. This webinar is included in our full year subscription package.
This webinar describes steps water systems can take to prepare for anticipated new Lead and Copper Rule “find-and-fix” requirement.
Community water systems of all sizes will be taking a number of steps to prepare to comply with the Revised Lead and Copper Rule. The Revised LCR includes a new trigger for evaluating corrosion control practice. A system with a compliance sample observation above 15 µg/L must investigate why that value is high and if possible, identify corrective measures. Corrective measures include suggesting corrections to the homeowner, operational steps to modify water quality in the distribution system, and potentially modifying corrosion control treatment.
This webinar focuses on practical implementation of follow up investigations and evaluating the resulting information. Insights will help systems act now in preparation for compliance with the rule requirements in 2024.
- Take steps to prepare for changes in sampling requirements in order to comply with the Revised Lead and Copper Rule.
- Start to evaluate data before the LCR Revisions become effective to better understand potential implications for distribution system operations and corrosion control practice.
Learn from this webinar's esteemed presenters:
- Helene Baribeau; Distribution System Water Quality Leader, Brown and Caldwell
- Andrea Holthouse Cheng, PhD; Commissioner, Chicago Department of Water Management
- Patrick Schwer; Director of Water Quality Surveillance, City of Chicago
- Richard Brown, PE; Vice-President, Cornwell Engineering Group
- Virpi Salo-Zieman; Project Engineer, Confluence Engineering Group, LLC
- Melinda Friedman; President, Confluence Engineering Group, LLC