The mission of the AWWA International Council is to develop and coordinate AWWA's international policies and activities, actively promoting AWWA participation in the global drinking water community, representing the interests of the international members in the governance of AWWA, and stimulating participation of international members and organizations within the Association.
The group works with AWWA's Annual Conference and Exposition and additional conference program committees to help develop international sessions. The committee also is a liaison to the Technical & Educational Council for the development of international materials.
Relationship Managers Committee
They manage formal international relationships between AWWA and other associations and agencies by being the point of contact for AWWA and by working with and through AWWA staff. Currently, the International Council has Relationship Managers for Australia, Germany, India, Japan, Republic of Korea, Singapore and United Kingdom.
If you wish to be considered for an International Council position, please complete and submit the Volunteer Application.
Access Committees on SharePoint
(Only current committee members who are logged in can view committee rosters)
View members for this committee
(Committee Members please login to access secure content)
AWWA is involved in activities that foster a global perspective for members and all water industry professionals. We regularly partner with agencies, associations, governmental organizations, and experts to create opportunities to share innovations, best practices and information.
AWWA Student Chapters are located throughout the US, Canada, Mexico and Internationally. Learn how to start your chapter, connect with an existing chapter, or find tools and resources for your student chapter at awwa.org/student-chapters
AWWA India was created in 2015 to serve AWWA members and water professionals in India with educational resources.
November 5, 2020
Dear AWWAIndia Members and Water Professional Colleagues,
This has been a year no one predicted or anticipated. While daily adjustments are needed to navigate this changing environment, including the impact of the pandemic, I know your commitment to providing India with safe water continues. Our emphasis on protecting public health cannot waver, and I thank you for your work.
AWWA remains devoted to supporting safe water in India but has made some adjustments during these unpredictable times. Our focus is to ensure our cornerstone services remain and emphasis is placed on essential programs. AWWAIndia is one of our essential programs.
As you may know, AWWA partnered with MCI to launch and manage its AWWAIndia program. MCI staff has provided a vast amount of professional service to AWWAIndia members and organizational support to AWWA and I thank them for this important work. Our partnership has reached a point where AWWA can begin a new way of serving AWWAIndia members. As a result, the MCI partnership will conclude November 13, 2020.
I am pleased to share with you some of the exciting new ways we plan on working with you:
- Each AWWAIndia member may continue membership by renewing at awwa.org using a credit card for international payment. This will be a change, but we are working to ensure a seamless transition.
- AWWAIndia will have renewed emphasis on training and webinars. Nilaksh Kothari, Past President of AWWA and long-time utility general manager, has agreed to continue overseeing technical content with the aim of having quarterly webinars designed exclusively for AWWAIndia members.
- As an AWWAIndia member, we invite you to help in providing these webinars. If you have a desire to speak, or your company wishes to sponsor a webinar, please contact Rebecca Wheeler, Senior Manager of AWWA International.
- As an AWWAIndia member, you will receive Opflow India as a member benefit quarterly to keep you informed on best practices, educational opportunities, and AWWA products and services. If you are interested in submitting an article, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be on the lookout for a complete schedule of India-specific webinars and training classes in 2021 and sponsorship opportunities.
- Individual members and water professional colleagues may wish to connect with AWWA and AWWAIndia by contacting Rebecca Wheeler, Senior Manager of AWWA International.
Again, thank you for your support and dedication. I trust you can each support these changes including positioning AWWAIndia as a true educational partner to the water professionals of India. Your investment into AWWAIndia helps all water professionals. Thank you. Please let me know if there are questions.
David LaFrance, CEO
Providing resources for the international community through online education and partnering with manufacturers, consultants, associations and NGOs. AWWA aims to foster the exchange of ideas and expertise with local professionals with our trusted content.
Becoming an AWWA member means connecting with a whole community of people dedicated to the same important goals. AWWA membership gives you access to valuable tools and resources to sharpen your skills and advance your career in the water sector.
Join us in our mission to create a better world through better water.
There are many rewarding ways to get involved with AWWA. We encourage you to connect with other water professionals and share your expertise to help solve the industry's biggest challenges.