Law & Water -- Lies, Smears, Innuendos, and Half Truths: A Guide to Protecting a Utility's Online Reputation (PDF)
- Author(s): Patterson, Brian; Baker, Keri-Ann C.
- Publications: Journal - American Water Works Association
- Issue Date: November 2012
- Volume / Number: 104, Number 11
- Page(s): 14, 16-18
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5942/jawwa.2012.104.0152
- Product Number: JAW_0077079
Non-Member Price: $15
Free Download -- a benefit for AWWA members (login required)
Almost every utility, both public and private, has run into negative online commentary, which has a detrimental effect not only on commercial businesses but also on public and private utilities. Negative online reputations can have severe repercussions for utilities seeking to expand their coverage areas; obtain local, state, and federal grants or tax credits; or simply to continue servicing their existing customer base.
Download the online article for free (login required).
Select ADD TO CART to purchase the article (login required) or select JOIN AWWA
and enjoy the benefits of membership, including accessing this article for free.