The Regulatory Context for cVOCs (PDF)
- Author(s): Roth, Damon K.; Roberson, J. Alan; Cornwell, David A.
- Publications: Journal - American Water Works Association
- Issue Date: November 2012
- Volume / Number: 104, Number 11
- Page(s): E561-E571
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5942/jawwa.2012.104.0142
- Product Number: JAW_0076751
Non-Member Price: $0
Free Download -- a benefit for AWWA members (login required)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has made regulating contaminants as a group (as opposed to one compound at a time) a part of its new drinking water strategy and has identified carcinogenic volatile organic chemicals (cVOCs) as the first group to be regulated. This article summarizes the potential commonalities for a cVOC rule such as health effects, co-occurrence, analytical methods, and/or treatment or control processes. The authors detail the physical and chemical characteristics as well as the uses of both the currently regulated VOCs and the unregulated VOCs that could potentially be included in a future cVOC rule.
Download the online article for free (login required).
Select ADD TO CART to purchase the article (login required) or select JOIN AWWA
and enjoy the benefits of membership, including accessing this article for free.