Law & Water -- Moving from Adoption to Implementation of Numeric Nutrient Criteria (PDF)
- Author(s): Flowers, Wayne E.; Charles, James E.
- Publications: Journal - American Water Works Association
- Issue Date: August 2012
- Volume / Number: 104, Number 8
- Page(s): 10, 12-13
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5942/jawwa.2012.104.0118
- Product Number: JAW_0076388
Non-Member Price: $15
Free Download -- a benefit for AWWA members (login required)
The overall purpose of the Clean Water Act (CWA) is "to restore and maintain the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of the Nation's Waters" (33 U.S.C. §1251(a) (1972)). This lofty goal is accomplished, in part, through setting water quality standards designed to protect designated uses for jurisdictional water bodies.
Download the online article for free (login required).
Select ADD TO CART to purchase the article (login required) or select JOIN AWWA
and enjoy the benefits of membership, including accessing this article for free.