Money Matters -- The Epidemic of Corrosion, Part 2: The Importance of Communication (PDF)
- Author(s): Baird, Gregory M.
- Publications: Journal - American Water Works Association
- Issue Date: February 2012
- Volume / Number: 104, Number 2
- Page(s): 20, 22-24
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5942/jawwa.2012.104.0018
- Product Number: JAW_0075515
Non-Member Price: $30
Free Download -- a benefit for AWWA members (login required)
In the water and wastewater utility industry, corrosion is driving up utility operating,
maintenance, and capital costs and, in some cases, degrading drinking water quality.
"Part 1: Examining Pipe Life" (December 2011) discussed the widespread nature of
corrosion, the different types of corrosion, and the required treatments as part of a
corrosion control program. This article looks at some of the political aspects associated
with corrosion and pipe repair, replacement, and rehabilitation.
Download the online article for free (login required).
Select ADD TO CART to purchase the article (login required) or select JOIN AWWA
and enjoy the benefits of membership, including accessing this article for free.