Examining the Benefits of Effective Public Outreach (PDF)
- Author(s): Economides, John A.; Tennyson, Patricia A.; Mulroy, Patricia
- Publications: Journal - American Water Works Association
- Issue Date: January 2012
- Volume / Number: 104, Number 1
- Page(s): 73-83
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5942/jawwa.2012.104.0014
- Product Number: JAW_0075208
Non-Member Price: $30
Free Download -- a benefit for AWWA members (login required)
Many, if not most, water utilities across the country are struggling with gaining and maintaining community
support for important and necessary infrastructure projects. These projects are often associated with a rate
increase, and rate increases are not that popular these days. So how can utilities move forward with needed
projects? Three water industry professionals have provided their thoughts on this issue from the perspective
of a general manager, an engineer, and a public outreach practitioner.
Download the online article for free (login required).
Select ADD TO CART to purchase the article (login required) or select JOIN AWWA
and enjoy the benefits of membership, including accessing this article for free.