AWWA members benefit from professional growth, the acquisition of new skills, exposure to the water industry, and enhanced technical knowledge.
Learn more about AWWA's Conferences, Events and Distance Learning opportunities.
SourceBook is AWWA’s official resource guide to water industry products and services.
AWWA's infrastructure financing report, Buried No Longer, is a call to action for utilities, consumers and policy-makers.
Do you need continuing education credits to renew your license? AWWA provides multiple opportunities to earn credits through face-to-face events and distance learning.
CE Credits are required to renew licenses. States and provinces use different labels, but AWWA awards CE Credits in alignment with the International Association for Continuing Education and Training. AWWA provides forms for students to calculate PDHs.
View State Credit Pre-Approvals
1.0 CEU = 10 Contact Hours
1 Contact Hour = 60 minutes of instruction (not including breaks)
Per the ANSI/IACET 1-2013 Standard for Continuing Education and Training:
1 PDH = 60 min
Store your CE Credits all in one place with the CE Credit reporting tool. You can print your AWWA certificates, sorting by program or date range (goes back SEVEN years). You can even use the transcript as an official document!
CE Credits entered by AWWA
Customer-entered CE Credits
You may be awarded CEUs for AWWA trainings by your licensing agency. While trainings may be pre-approved for CE Credits in a given state/province, this does not mean that your agency will award you credit. AWWA recommends that you:
ACE CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT INFORMATION
AWWA offers Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attendance at workshops, professional and poster sessions, and ACE Online; and Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for attendance at committee meetings, facility tours, and time spent in the Exhibit Hall. All tracks at ACE will offer credit. AWWA recommends that you check with your licensing agency prior to attending ACE to learn about its criteria, rules, and what you need to do in order to receive credit for your attendance. It is your responsibility to apply for credit approval with your licensing agency if AWWA has not done so.
CEUS: To receive a CEU Certificate of Completion, SCAN your badge when you ENTER and EXIT each workshop/session in order to document your time spent in each. A minimum of 30 minutes of session attendance must be recorded in order to receive a CEU Certificate. CEU Certificates will be available for printing in July. Printing instructions can be found under the Certificates tab.
PDHS: It is your responsibility to document your PDHs using AWWA’s complimentary “Attendee Time & Attendance PDH Record" (PDF) form available in each session room. AWWA recommends that you enter your PDHs into your complimentary AWWA Transcript System Record after ACE. Refer to the Transcripts tab for more information.
View ACE Conference
1) Do you need to view session in a group setting or with proctor?
2) Will you receive credit for viewing?
3) What do you need to submit before/afterward?
View ACE Online
Continuing Education Credits (ce credits)
Agencies can convert AWWA CEUs into PDHs 0.1 CEU = 1 PDH.
View Online Courses
Attendance Documentation Procedures
View Specialty Conferences
· Not all licensing agencies will award credit for “distance learning”.
· It is your responsibility to apply to your agency for credit and to find out what your agency requires in order to obtain credit.
Before viewing a live or archived webinar, AWWA encourages you to:
· Contact your agency to verify credit will be awarded for a webinar.
· Ask your agency what you need to provide them with.
· AWWA will email the handouts and proctor forms, to all registered attendees the day before the live webinar. If you need the handouts prior to the webinar, please send an email to Education Services with the subject line: Handouts, Webinar Title/Date.
If you need a CEU Certificate of Completion:
1. For individual viewers, complete the Online Session Attendance Validation Proctor form (requires a proctor) and submit it to Leah Bang by close of business the day of the webinar.
2. For group viewers, complete the Roster (requires a proctor) and submit it to Leah Bang by close of business the day of the webinar.
3. CEU Certificates can take up to 30 days to process. The proctor will be notified via email when the certificates have been uploaded to AWWA.org transcript records and are ready to be printed off.
View Webinar Line-up
Continuing Education Credits (Ce credits)
For credits information or questions, please email Leah Bang.